Gear, gizmos, & gadgets!
Recently, I've been getting asked about my music set up. So, I made this page to address what I have to fulfill your curious desires, and complete with links so that if you would like to purchase items I use - you can!
- Breedlove Pursuit Acoustic-Electric Guitar - I love this guitar. I picked up this guitar to replace my Hellcat that was stolen in New Mexico early 2017. This Breedlove has such a rich sound plugged in & unplugged. It sounds like a guitar 3 or 4 times it's price. The pickups are great, and I haven't had any issues (yet). My only complaint has been that I popped my high E string, which I've never done in normal playing, but I believe that was due to some over-enthusiastic strumming I was doing after a couple too many Fireball shots!
- Fender T-Bucket Acoustic-Electric Guitar - This was my favorite guitar until I got the Breedlove. She's been through a LOT, and is now my special 1/2 step down tuned guitar that only get's used a couple of songs a week for her ease into retirement. It also has a great sound plugged in & unplugged. The tone is a little less rich than the Breedlove, which is why the Breedlove is now my favorite. Many, many songs have been written on this beauty!!
- D'Addario EXP12 Coated 80/20 Bronze Medium Acoustic Guitar Strings - These are the strings I use on the Breedlove.
- Elixir 80/20 Bronze Medium Acoustic Guitar Strings - These are the strings that I use on my Fender. Elixir's are currently my fingers favorite! Also, they last forever, and have wonderful costumer service for any issues I have had with the strings. I have had a couple which popped only a couple of plays in & I contacted Elixir, and they mailed me replacement packs promptly!
- Dunlop Tortex Standard .88mm Green Guitar Picks - I started using these about a year ago. They are not too floppy, not too hard, they are juuuuuust right!
- Sennheiser e935 Cardioid Dynamic Microphone - Sennheiser is awesome, enough said!!!
- Fender Custom Shop Performance Series Instrument Cable - I love these instrument cables - main reason? THEY NEVER GET TANGLED & THAT'S A BIG DEAL! hahaha!
- LiveWire XLR Cables
- Musician's Gear Tripod Mic Stand
- IKlip iPad Holder
- Swirlygig Drink Holder
- Behringer XR18 Digital Mixer - I switched to this sound board about a year ago as well. Running off an iPad is SO much more convenient, and saves a ton of space! No more lugging around a heavy sound board!
- Mackie ProFX16 - This is my board that I had before the Behringer. It's now my "backup" board for when technology fails me, or I'm helping run multiple shows sound at the same time.